Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Can someone explain this joke to me?



Best. Show. Ever.

Okay, so I'm watching the Family Guy straight-to-video DVD last night. At the beginning, there's an opening "red carpet" segment. At one point, Stewie is walking down the carpet, and a reporter asks:

"Hey Stewie; any truth to the rumor that FOX is going to bring back Futurama?"

Stewie: "What Magazine do you work for?"

Reporter: "Entertainment Weekly."

And Stewie knocks him out.

I gotta admit, I don't get this at all... here are some things that went through my head; can anyone tell me if I'm right?

1. Entertainment Weekly was somehow responsible for helping get Family Guy back on the air. If they're talking about it, it might get Futurama back on, and that would be competition for FG. Stewie knocked him out to shut him up.

2. Stewie was hitting the guy for being from a crap magazine.

3. Stewie hit the guy for talking about Futurama, and not him.

Any ideas? I don't think it was a nasty joke about Futurama (a little good-natured ribbing, maybe), but I just didn't get it. Can anyone explain this to me?

Boy, do I feel dumb. I just want Futurama to come back on the air. *sniff*